Thursday, January 22, 2009

Thriving in the Land of Virtual Reality

'Life is an Illusion and Death is the ultimate Reality.'

Need. Desire. Want.

The prime forces that drive Humans to push against their limits, to tap their own potentials and to realize their dreams and achieve them in pursuit of achieving the various pleasures of life.

 

Human needs are incessant.

I see millions running in the rat-race. Trying their best to make it first to the finishing line by hook or crook, oblivious of the reason why ‘they’ want to run in the rat-race. There are many living a life in the disavowal mode, plainly enamoured by the materialistic pleasures that this world has to offer. In an age of plagiarism where people merely have an obscure view of their life, leading to an entire disarray of their individual projections and ideas; nothing more than a chaos can prevail.

Amidst this confusion are the various ambitions and aspirations that not only encourage but also instill confidence and provide the capability to look forward to a better tomorrow. It gives us the hope to see the sun rise and shine higher and brighter in future.

But looking at the bigger picture, what is dejecting is the fact that in the long run, the ‘living happily ever after’ ending does not happen after all our whims and fancies are met. Death being the final reality for all where destiny takes over our lives and is the master of all.

 

Even while writing about it, it just makes me cogitate on what is it that counts? What is it that matters? What is it that we are all running after? All I get as an answer is Nothing.

The bitter truth remaining the same for all.

Life and Death being the two indispensable faces of the same coin. On the one hand, Life motivates us and inspires us to live a life in a way like we would never live again. On the other hand, Death awaiting all of us where the very question and reason for our existence and living gets diminished. There is nothing that can fight destiny. Everything fails against it.

 

All that I can make out of everything that is rushing through my mind is that someone has rightly said:

‘It is not your life in the years that matters. It is the years of your life that matter.’

Eventually, I am just pondering over what I thought of life. My point of view about it is completely at loggerheads with the ultimate reality. Just wondering what am I and what I am not? What is true and what is not? What is Real and what is not?

My mind is in a state of obfuscation that is leaving me tizzy. I stand alone here, facing an Illusion called Life, when my mind and heart are on a quest to puzzle out the Virtual Reality….

 

 

4 comments:

  1. Whoa... a very nice and apt thought... and awesomely put into words! kudos panzy!

    hmmm... you know in the quest for living up to people's expectations (parents, friends, loved ones etc. etc.) we often (more than often) forget what 'we' ourselves really want from 'our' life... Its a rat race out there no doubt... but does that mean we acquire the right to have a 'killer instinct'? There is no value for other human beings, no regard for others feelings... all we can think of is...how to get 'there' (and when actually we don't even know if we really want to get there or not)....
    sigh...
    a dead-end is it? Even if I do 'waste' my time thinking as to what I want from my life... I'd have to spend the rest in convincing the others to allow me to do it...
    and no matter what we achieve or where we are in life 30 years down the line... while dying the only thing that will matter is - When were the times that you made people around you feel special and happy... or have you always been a complainer...an encapsulated pessimist who can think about no-one except for himself?

    I totally agree with you when you say - ‘It is not your life in the years that matters. It is the years of your life that matter.’

    A very essential addition to this is - It is the years of life you spend being optimistic and making those around you happy that matter!

    phew!
    kudos girl! Rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed that we have no control over our destiny.. Agreed that we are all going to die sometime sooner or later.. But Death comes after life.. A dead person cant die again.. So there has to be some purpose that we have been given life..Life is a reality that comes before death.. And if we live every moment of our life like its our one and only then death wont be able to overcome us..Life will then be as much of a reality for you as you find death is..
    And so
    'Its the life in the years that matter and not the years of you life..'
    Coz 'a lily of a day is fairer far in May...
    though it withers and dies at night
    it was the plant and flower of light
    in small proportions life's beauties we see
    in short measures life may perfect be...'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for all the appreciation and encouragement.It makes me feel stronger and better as I have written after a long time.I am sure that your words are only going to motivate me to write more and more with each passing day.I can feel it within me,the urge to express my opinions,the need to speak out,the want to write...Thank u so much for sparing your precious time for this...and I'd say it again...thank you for all the kind words...
    Though I'd like to say that I,myself am not very convinced with what i have written because i feel there is room for a lot of improvement and I don't think I have been able to convey what exactly I meant.But thats the magic of the language..even after you have written pages,you still feel there is so much more to say.
    Anyways,cutting it short,what I really meant with my article was that 'Life' is nothing more than a virtual reality that we all face.I agree that a dead man cannot die again but what I wanted to convey was the dilemma that i face when thinking about 'Life' as a whole. While introspecting,I think about a numerous things.I am not contesting the fact that one should not live without a purpose.It is just that even though we try and manage to solve some purpose ,in the end,it is nothing.Agreed,it makes a great difference to the ones who loose a close one.As for the world,does anything go wrong or does anything stop?No.So,in the end,whatever purpose an individual might serve,it means nothing to the larger part of the world.
    Ending on a happy note,I completely agree with the poet when he speaks about the lily...so i will continue expressing myself from now on...whether i am trying to serve some purpose or not is secondary to me in this case...
    Thank you so much....really appreciate it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well dunno much on this topic but have heard this somewhere
    “At the end it does not matter how long we lived but what we achieved during that time”.

    And ya
    everything a person does has an effect...
    the effect might be small but it shows itself back at the end....
    that is what we call life.......

    ReplyDelete